The Crossing is a community of people who are loved by Jesus. We are a family that shows grace towards one another. We have a huge passion for loving the city of Dallas.
Who we are
The Crossing Church started with a vision that God gave to Pastor Mark Couser back in December of 2009. The question that he wrestled with for many months in preparation for moving forward in this vision was, “What would it look like for a church to ridiculously love Dallas and its people?”. It was in September of 2011 that 4 couples met for the first time in a home in North Dallas and began to grow in the core values of The Crossing Church. This home group grew as they met every Sunday evening. As they gathered they shared a meal, shared their lives, shared God’s word, and shared a time of prayer with one another. In January of 2012 it became clear that God was calling them to move towards the launching of worship on every Sunday.
God has called us to ….
- Be people that starve to connect others to God through Jesus.
- Take on the attitude of “it’s not about me” in our relationship with God, with people, and in our neighborhoods and city.
- Love the city of Dallas and the surrounding areas of North Texas in ridiculous ways so that it becomes more of the city that God desires for it to be.
- Live lives of extreme generosity with our money, our schedules, and our God-given gifts and passions.
- Love one another in honest and caring ways. We approach each other as the Bible teaches us to in Matthew 18. This is particularly shown in the way we approach conflict with our brothers and sisters in our community.
- Grow into becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable in every aspect of our lives, growing by God’s grace and with the Holy Spirit guiding us one day at a time.
- Celebrate life with the people God has placed around us. We are always looking for ways to connect with new friends and celebrate life with them as well.
Mark CouserLead Pastor
Leading, Casting Vision, Preaching
Karl AshcraftWorship Leader
Worship, Church Planter in Training